My CLmooc friends doodle every day.
Another Sarah Watts #sketchbooksquad Challenge— anemone
Sometimes, for complex images, I need the source photo to guide me. For this illustration, I simply used the source image as a reference.
I filled in a layer for each petal, filling a very light purple shape similar to the one in the reference photo. Then, for each petal, I placed the layer on alpha lock and began smoothing in the purples, whites, and veins.
The flower center followed the same strategy in a layer above the flower, in purples, blues, yellows.
The leaves are on their own their own layer, drawing them out in a dark green, alpha locking, and texturizing in the shades and highlights of color as well as the stem.
Below the anemone and leaves, I drew in one sprig of buds, alpha locked, and colored in, texturizing the color details. I copied it, flipped it, and moved this copy above the leaves so it would show above the lower leaf. I unlocked it and added another bud.
I used texturizing brushes, script/shale brush, studio pen, and a liner brush. The texture brushes are a free [even commercial] stipple set you can find here: Gumroad. I discovered them here at Folio.Procreate.
The background is nikko rull light blue to a darker blue, blurred.
The shadow is the texturizer brush on two layers to get the deeper blue close beneath the anemone. Blurred.
The Prompt Picture from Sarah:
#januarydoodle #jandoodle #cldoodle23 #warmup4art #clmooc #sketchbooksquad #anemone