Every day, a photograph, a poem. Today we took a longer drive in the sunshine and captured this lovely view of Rebecca Lake on the Colville Reservation.
A lovely view of the sun, who should live eight billion years, but, with climate change, how will humans fare? It’s in our hands.
and so, a poem
Eight billion yearsSheri Edwards
the sun will shine;
Will Man on earth
survive that time?
I know the land is drying up and burning. NASA has a wonderful Climate Change site, including solutions. Take a look at these Before / After images:
- California Rice Drought
- Vanishing Great Salt Lake, Utah
- Diminishing Lake Powell, AZ
- Decline of Lake Powell, AZ
- Disappearing Lake Mead, NV
- Shrinking Lake Shasta, CA
- Parched Poyang Lake, China
- Declining Peyto Glacier, Banff National Park, Canada
So, it seems we should be doing something– or those great-great-great grandkids you wonder about, may not even be born. So very sad.
1443 days of posts in a row on Ask What Else