Dr. Francis E Kazemek, educator who guided students into their own agency; critical thinker, humanitarian, man of peace, author, writer, poet, storyteller, former faculty exchange professor at Odessa State University in Ukraine, 2008 Artist in Residence Petrified Forest NP with Phoetry — scan to learn from his work.
Dr. Kazemek’s teaching at EWU has directly influenced my own pedagogy as a middle school language arts and media teacher, from which I am now retired. He stressed critical thinking applied to projects through the Socratic Method, and that is how I also reached the best in my own students. I am forever grateful for his kindness, thoughtful courses, and inspired resources. He provided the foundation for us and allowed us, expected us, to explore and develop our own agency.
To learn from him– to think about your own pedagogy, your own life, your family, and the stories you have to tell, here is a partial list of his work:
Dr Francis E Kazemek
- Francis E. ‘(Frank)’ Kazemek Obituary | Star Tribune
- Artist in Residence Lecture, Francis Kazemek – Petrified Forest National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
- “Amateurs and Professionals” by Francis E. Kazemek Dr.
- ALAN v23n3 – The Literature of Vietnam and Afghanistan: Exploring War and Peace with Adolescents | Virginia Tech Scholarly Communication University Libraries
- ALAN v29n3 – Monk, Bird, ‘Trane, and Miles: Jazz in the English Language Arts Program | Virginia Tech Scholarly Communication University Libraries
- Exploring our lives : Francis E. Kazemek : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
- Bookish Advice – Feed the Mind org
- Meeting & Appreciating – Feed the Mind org
- Sponsors & Board of Directors – Feed the Mind org
- Strong Female Characters in Recent Children’s Literature.
- Humanising Language Teaching Magazine for teachers and teacher trainers
- Get started on your life story today – Fort Frances Times
- “Intelligent People Seek Peace:” Exploring the Vietnam War with Middle School Students: Middle School Journal: Vol 31, No 2
- Enriching Our Lives : Poetry Lessons for Adult Literacy Teachers and Tutors by Francis E. Kazemek, Pat Rigg | 9780872071377 | Reviews, Description and More @ BetterWorldBooks.com
- The Role of Storytelling in Effective Family Literacy Programs
- Celebrating Language with Adult Literacy Students: Lessons to Engage and Inspire – Francis E. Kazemek – Google Books
- My Library – National Council of Teachers of English
- ERIC – EJ583492 – Why Was the Elephant Late in Getting on the Ark? Elephant Riddles and Other Jokes in the Classroom., Reading Teacher, 1999
- CAELA: ESL Resources: Digests
- Commentary: “Who Taught You How to Dance?”: I Always Knew on JSTOR
- Why Was the Elephant Late in Getting on the Ark? Elephant Riddles and Other Jokes in the Classroom on JSTOR
- Mary’s Story: Reflections on Literacy | Francis E. Kazemek | download
- Exploring Our Lives : A Writing Handbook for Senior Adults – Santa Monica Press
- Exploring Our Lives: A Writing Handbook for Senior Adults: Kazemek, Francis E.: 9781891661266: Amazon.com: Books
- Readings Listings – The Stranger
- Francis E. Kazemek: مفت ڈاؤنلوڈ. ای بک لائبریری۔ Z-Library پر آن لائن کتابوں کی دکانیں
- Francis Kazemek Obituary (2016) – Buffalo, MN – Chicago Tribune
This post was graciously written in honor of a most influential educator from the Thank a Teacher prompt by the Daily Create #clmooc #DS106 @ds106dc #tdc3918